Recently added item(s)
Instant Pot Braised Lamb Shanks with Tomato
Beautifully tender, fall-off-the-bone lamb shanks are possible in a fraction of the time thanks to an electric pressure cooker!This Instant Pot Braised Lamb Shanks with Tomato recipe takes just a few ingredients and minimal effort. Serve it over mashed potatoes or polenta for a perfect comfort food dinner.
Servings: 4 Servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 each lamb shank
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté and adjust to “More” and add oil.
- Pat lamb shanks dry and season with salt and pepper. Once the Instant Pot is hot, add lamb and cook until browned all over, about 4 minutes per side. Remove from pot and place on a plate. (You’ll likely need to do 2 at a time, adding more oil in between if needed, so you don’t crowd the pot).
- Add garlic to pan and sauté, stirring, until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add wine and cook 2 minutes, being sure to scrape the bottom of the pot to loosen browned bits. Stir in tomatoes, basil and oregano; cook 2 minutes.
- Return lamb to pot, place the lid on and seal. Little sauce on top. Cook high pressure for 45 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release for 15 min before manually releasing the remaining pressure.
- Serve lamb over polenta or mashed potatoes, sprinkling fresh parsley over top if desired.
Calories: 365kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 128mg | Sodium: 751mg | Potassium: 899mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 4.8% | Vitamin C: 24.6% | Calcium: 9.8% | Iron: 32.3%