Recently added item(s)
Lamb Shoulder Sliders
holy smokes, how something so simple can be so outstanding. Must try!
Servings: 4 people
- 3.5 lb lamb shoulder bone in
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 each onion diced
- 4 each garlic cloves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 12 each slider buns
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat over to 325 degrees.
- Take lamb shoulder roast and add salt and pepper to all sides evenly
- In a oven proof pot with lid, heat oil over high heat. Braise seasoned shoulder and on all 4 sides until well browned. Maybe 5 minutes with meat side down first. Then flip the shoulder over and braise til that side is well browned.
- While the 2nd side is cooking, add diced onions and diced garlic in the pan around the shoulder roast. When the onions turn clear, then add vinegar, broth, red pepper flakes and honey. Stir the mix well and coat all the sides of the roast.
- Flip meat back over to have meat side up. Cover the pot and place in preheated oven. Sit timer for 3 hrs or until the shoulder is tender.
- Once it is done, chop up the lamb into a shredded "bbq" fashion and be sure to spoon some of the drippings into the meat mix. Add to the slider rolls or if like me and not a big bread fan, just eat it off the plate!
Serving: 1each | Calories: 959kcal | Carbohydrates: 498.4g | Protein: 58.3g | Fat: 49g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 204mg | Sodium: 474mg | Potassium: 586mg | Fiber: 1.1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 2% | Vitamin C: 5.4% | Calcium: 3.4% | Iron: 26.1%