Recently added item(s)
So delicious and so easy. Made with only the simplest of ingredients you will wander why you never tried it before! I know we are..... You want to use tenderloin or leg of lamb. The most tender options.
Servings: 4 People
- 1 lb lamb leg or tenderloin
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 cans mushrooms finely chopped
- 1 cup onions finely chopped
- 1 cup celery finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 each egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 cup spinach finely chopped, cooked, drained
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Leave puff pastry in refrigerator until ready to use.
- In saucepan on med heat, add butter, onions, celery, mushrooms, garlic and cook until no moisture is left stirring occasionally. Takes about 15 minutes or so until everything is good and soft. Then add Dijon mustard and blend well. Add salt and pepper to taste.Variation would be to add cup or 2 of finely chopped cooked spinach to mix.
- In meantime while the filling is cooking, take another skillet and on medium-high heat, add some oil and sear the lamb about 15-30 seconds on all 4 sides. NO MORE than 30 seconds on any side. Pull from pan and rest while preparing the dough.
- Take puff pastry sheets and roll out. Add filling mix and add lamb on top of that. Take egg wash (egg & milk mixture) and brush edges of dough. Roll the dough over the mix and lamb. Place on cookie sheet with foil with seam side down.
- Brush all over with egg wash and take a knife and score lightly across the top.
- Place in oven and bake for about 15 minutes. Then remove and rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Serving: 340g | Calories: 1076kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 79g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 495mg | Potassium: 501mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 19.9% | Vitamin C: 7.9% | Calcium: 6.5% | Iron: 29.4%